Fees (VAT inclusive)
Every practising lawyer, corporate in-house counsel and legal advisors in all spheres of government must be able to write opinions effectively and in a manner that answers the clients’ mandate. This one-day course will assist you to learn techniques in writing effective legal opinions.
Ismail Hussain SC is a former Judge of the High Court and Competition Appeal Court. He has been a highly popular LEAD trainer for many years. Mr Hussain SC is an expert in commercial drafting, opinion writing, and litigation and case management. He is also a published author.
The course will cover the following:
• Discussion on analytical thinking and problem solving
• Technique to be applied in solving legal problems
• Writing techniques
• Plain language usage
• Types of opinions
• The basic layout for opinions
• The format of an opinion – current best practice
• Research technique and analysis – how to be more efficient and save time
• The facts – how to obtain and how to work with facts
• Fact analysis
• The law – how to analyse and carry out effective research
• How to find the law quickly
• Logical reasoning and analytical thinking – how to apply the law to the facts
• Composing the opinion
• How to present the opinion to a client in a user-friendly format.
The form takes a couple of seconds to download. Email the completed form with proof of payment to Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za
EFT payment to accompany your registration.
LSSA BANKING DETAILS:
Law Society of South Africa
Acc no: 6200 9641 079
Bank: FNB Pretoria
Branch Code: 251445
Ref: WDL, Your name, surname and cell number
For more information
For more information about this course, contact Bettie Lubbe at Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za on tel: +27 (0)12 441 4670.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE