This full day seminar will focus on the amendments to the National Credit Act to be introduced via the approved National Credit Act Amendment Bill as well as on a number of important recent court and tribunal decisions.
Topics to be covered will include:
• the requirements for and consequences of statutory debt intervention;
• the granting of and investigation into reckless credit;
• mandatory credit insurance;
• fees, charges and legal costs;
• the re-instatement of credit agreements by consumers;
• compulsory registration of all providers of credit; and
• new offences introduced under the act.Event details
Port Elizabeth: 22 August 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
East London: 23 August 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
Midrand: 02 September 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
Durban: 03 September 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
Cape Town: 06 September 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
Bloemfontein: 10 September 2019 | Duration: 09:00 – 16:00
Who should attend
Legal practitioners, candidate Legal practitioners, support staff, legal advisors, debt counsellors and credit providers – in short everybody involved in matters to which the National Credit Act applies.
FRANS HAUPT was admitted as an attorney in 1981 and was director of the University of Pretoria Law Clinic from 2000 to December 2018. In 2013 he co-drafted the review of Government’s consumer credit policy which underlies some of the subsequent amendments to the Act and regulations.
He has acted as a consultant for the Department of Trade and Industry, the National Credit Regulator, various credit providers, debt counsellors and consumer organisations since the inception of the Act. Frans has also authoured and coauthoured a number of reports, papers and articles both locally and internationally and has been presenting the annual update on the NCA for the Law Society of South Africa for the past eight years. He is widely regarded as an expert on the NCA.
Registration fees (VAT incl)
- Legal practitioners (previously this referred to attorneys and advocates): R1 650.00 per person
- Legal practitioners from practices further than 150km from closest venue: R1 250.00 per person
- Candidate legal practitioners and support staff: R1 520.00 per person
- Non-practising legal practitioners/others: R3 300.00 per person
For more information, please call the Seminars department at LEAD at Tel: +27 (0)12 441 4600 or Email: seminars@LSSALEAD.org.za