- The course will cover the following:
- Plain language writing – effective legal writing
- Rules and directives pertaining to heads of argument (including requirements in the SCA and CC)
- Requirements in the opposed motion court and trials
- The benefits of writing heads
- What is meant by argument and how to draft it
- Effective research methods
- Drafting heads for appeals
- The method and desired layout
- Carrying out fact analyses and application of law
- How to apply and demonstrate a process of reasoning.
- How to proceed from rough draft to final document – the technique is explained
The form takes a couple of seconds to download. Email the completed form with proof of payment to Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za
EFT payment to accompany your registration.
LSSA BANKING DETAILS:
Law Society of South Africa
Acc no: 6200 9641 079
Bank: FNB Pretoria
Branch Code: 251445
Ref: WDL, Your name, surname and cell number
For more information
For more information about this course, contact Bettie Lubbe at Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za on tel: +27 (0)12 441 4670.