Dates and duration
Fees (VAT inclusive)
- Staff from a practising legal practitioner’s firm: R 3 700
- Non-practising legal practitioners/others: R 5 240
About this course
This practical skills course teaches the principles of drafting pleadings, notices of motion and affidavits. Sixty Percent of those who attended this course, started drafting on their own; without using precedents. Register as soon as possible to secure your space.
WE usually have a waiting list!! Book early.
Who should attend?
- Corporate and Government legal advisors.
- Legal practitioners
- Persons who need to sharpen their drafting skills.
Benefits of attending
- Learn to draft on your own without relying on precedents.
- Know how to instruct a legal practitioner and evaluate their work.
- Effectively advise your client when engaged in litigation.
- Understand how to draft in accordance with case management procedures as introduced in our courts.
- Acquire techniques in obtaining instructions and analysing fact and law.
- You will write in a manner that is persuasive.
- You will learn to actually draft pleadings, notices of Motion and affidavits.
- There will be actual and effective skills transfer.
- You will acquire the confidence to draft without using precedents.
Ismail Hussain SC is a former Judge of the High Court and Competition Appeal Court. He has been a highly popular LEAD trainer for many years. Mr Hussain SC is an expert in commercial drafting, opinion writing, and litigation and case management. He is also a published author.
- Pleading techniques and basic principles
- Particulars of plaintiff’s claim
- Drafting the plea
- Motion proceedings
- Writing technique, including plain language drafting and what is expected by judges – including practical exercises using case studies
- How to write in a manner that is persuasive
- Technique in taking instructions
- How to conduct fact analysis and legal research
- How to prepare chronology documents
- Reference to High Court practice directives
- Preparing to draft particulars of claim
- How to analyse facts and the law in deciding on a cause of action
- What is the theory of your case and how it impacts on your drafting
The form takes a couple of seconds to download. Email the completed form with proof of payment to Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za
EFT payment to accompany your registration.
LSSA BANKING DETAILS:
Law Society of South Africa
Acc no: 6200 9641 079
Bank: FNB Pretoria
Branch Code: 251445
Ref: WDL, Your name, surname and cell number
CONTACT COURSE ADMINISTRATOR
For more information about this course, contact Bettie Lubbe at Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za on tel: +27 (0)12 441 4670.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- Course registration will be confirmed only if proof of payment is attached to the form.
- Fees must be paid into the designated Law Society of South Africa (LSSA) bank account. The LSSA will not accept liability if any other bank account is used. i.e Law Society of Northern Provinces
- LEAD reserves the right to cancel a learning activity should the number of delegates not justify the costs involved. Registered delegates will be given reasonable notice of cancellation.
- Registrations close 5 working days prior to the course date.