This course allows students to develop the skills required to enter the arena of the Office Manager also known as the Practice Manager.
PURPOSE OF THIS COURSE
Any individuals who are or wish to be involved in management duties in a legal firm will benefit from this course. TThe course provides general business skills and practical approaches to all aspects of the Practice Manager.
The Legal Office Management course will provide a broad knowledge and skills needed in the industry and to progress along a career path for learners.
A highly motivated, confident office manager improves the productivity of the law firm or legal department in which they work. Office managers, also known as practice managers, have the skills and experience to manage office processes and activities smoothly with little supervision.
This course in Legal Office Management provides general business skills and practical approaches to all aspects of the office manager position.The course is aimed at producing knowledgeable, skilled managers who are able to contribute to improved productivity and efficiency within the firm
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive an Attendance Certificate in Conveyancing from the Law Society of SA/L.E.A.D’s
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Senior Administrative Staff
Administrative Secretaries that want to move in a management position
Administrative / Office Managers
Individuals who want to pursue a career as a Practice Manager
Bookkeepers and finance staff
LEARNING THAT IS ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
Current experience of conveyancing work is essential. The prior completion of a basic conveyancing course is recommended. Learners need to have a basic knowledge of English as a written language as well as basic numeric skills.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
After completion of this training the learner should be able to:
MANAGEMENT (DAY 1 AND 2)
- Know what skills a Practice Manager need.
- Know if they are ready to be Legal Practice Managers.
- Know what the difference between an Office Administrator and a Practice
- Manager is.
- Know how to manage with intent.
- Know what a Practice Manager’s functions are.
LEGAL PRACTICE MANAGER (DAY 3 AND 4)
- Know and understands the ethics and rules prescribed by the Law Society.
- Know how to manage a Legal Practice efficiently.
- Understand what is required to be compliant.
- Know what risk management is and how to manage risk in the practice.
- Understand and know the importance of financial management for a successful business.
- Know how to manage marke
COURSE QUERIES: Merlin September e-mail: merlin@LSSALEAD.org.za | Tel: 012 441 4652/00