The main aim of this course is to give learners the basic accounting knowledge for application in an attorney’s firm. They will gain an insight and an overall understanding of legal bookkeeping. This will enable them to work more efficiently.
Who will benefit from this training?
Individuals who have recently taken up a position as a bookkeeper in a law firm, prospective legal bookkeepers or those would like to improve their bookkeeping skills.
- Introduction to bookkeeping
- Basic business control principles and the practical running of a law firm
- Trust and business principles unique to a law firm
- Accounting records, systems and procedures
- Cash books – trust and business and petty cash book
- Correspondent transactions and accounts
- Month-end procedures and requirements
- Statutory regulations
- Conveyancing transactions
Fees are calculated according to Legal Support Staff and “Other”. Please see brochure for details.
The facilitators are experts in these fields.
merlin@LSSALEAD.org.za | Tel: 012 441 4652/00