|About this webinar
Immigration law in South Africa is a complex and ever-changing area of law that requires specialised knowledge and expertise. This webinar has been designed to help attorneys, immigration practitioners and any other individual who work within the immigration sector stay up to date on the latest developments.
This webinar will cover a range of topics related to immigration law, with a particular focus on the Immigration Act 13 of 2002 and recent changes in the immigration sector in South Africa.
The background of this webinar is driven by a range of factors that reflect the changing landscape of immigration law in South Africa, the growing demand for specialised legal services in this field, and the need for attorneys and individuals working in the immigration sector to stay up to date with the latest developments in immigration law and policy.
Overall, the webinar will be an invaluable resource for participants who specialise in immigration law, or who work with clients who are seeking to immigrate to South Africa. By participating in the webinar, participants will be better equipped to navigate the complexities of immigration law in South Africa and to provide the best possible advice and representation to their clients.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Overview of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002: The webinar will provide a detailed overview of the Immigration Act 13 of 2002, which is the primary piece of legislation governing immigration in South Africa. Participants will learn about the Act’s key provisions, such as the different types of visas and permits that are available, the requirements for obtaining them, and the rights and obligations of foreign nationals in South Africa. Participants will also gain insights into the practical aspects of navigating the application process, including how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Changes in Immigration Sector: Immigration in South Africa is constantly evolving, and the webinar will provide an update on the latest changes.
- The critical skills list and amendments issued 3 October 2023: A key focus of the webinar will be the critical skills list, which is a list of occupations that are considered to be in high demand in South Africa. The list is regularly reviewed and updated in response to changes in the labor market and is used to prioritise visa applications from foreign nationals who possess the skills and qualifications that are in short supply in the country. Participants will gain a detailed understanding of the new critical skills list, the eligibility requirements, and the application process and how it has effected current requirements for a critical skills work visa as well as a critical skills permanent residence permit.
- Recent case law that has an impacted on Immigration: The webinar will include a brief discussion on recent case law.
- Best Practices for Immigration Law: Throughout the webinar, the presenter will provide practical tips and best practices for immigration law. This will include guidance on how to manage client expectations, how to stay up to date on the latest developments in immigration law, and how to build a successful immigration law practice.
Nadia Heinze is an experienced legal professional in the South African immigration law sector, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. She is an Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a registered Immigration Practitioner (IP(SA)) with over 15 years of experience in this field.
In 2021, Nadia decided to establish her own immigration law firm, called NM Heinze Attorneys Inc. Her firm provides comprehensive immigration services to both corporate clients and private individuals, addressing their immigration needs and issues.
Nadia is also a member of the Forum of Immigration Practitioners of South Africa (FIPSA), demonstrating her commitment to staying up to date with the latest developments in immigration law and policy.