|Finance Service Law |
Conduct Of Financial Institutions Bill (Webinar)
18 September 2023 | 10:00 – 13:00
|About this webinar|
In the webinar we will discuss the Conduct of Financial Institutions Bill (“CoFI Bill”) which proposes a new regulatory framework for the conduct of financial institutions and will result in various financial sector-related laws being amended and repealed. The CoFI Bill will serve as an umbrella legislation that applies to financial institutions that provide financial products and services as well as supervised entities. . The webinar will cover the licensing requirements for financial institutions and proposed changes at a high level, including an update on the status of the CoFI Bill, which is expected to be enacted this year. This will empower you with knowledge of what has been proposed and how it will affect your clients.
Topics to be covered will include
- • Discussion of the objectives of the CoFI Bill and its importance for the full implementation of twin peaks for
- regulatory reform of the financial sector.
• The implementation of Treating Customers Fairly.
• Legislation to be amended by the CoFI Bill.
• Legislation to be repealed by the CoFI Bill.
This Webinar will be presented by Andrew Mothibi who has been presenting Seminars and Webinars for LEAD on Pension Law since 2014. Andrew is an admitted attorney with over 10 years post admission experience. He is a member of the Pension Lawyers Association and has lectured Pension Law at the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits) as a guest lecturer.
Andrew is a Legal Advisor in the insurance and retirement funds industry, and he has been providing legal advice to insurers, retirement funds and their administrators for over 12 years. He has worked for Alex Forbes, Liberty, NBC Fund Administrators and Momentum. Andrew also served as a Trustee on the Boards of several Pension Funds.
18 September 2023 : 10:00 – 13:00Closing date for registrations: 15 September 2022Note: Kindly note that this webinar might run over the scheduled time. Please do not arrange any other appointments for at least 30 minutes after the scheduled closing time.
All sessions are mandatory to qualify for a certificate.
|Who should register?|
• Practising legal practitioners (attorneys and advocates)
• Candidate legal practitioner
• Non legal practioners
Registration fee categories (including VAT):
- Practising Legal Practitioners: R 1120.00 (including VAT) per participant
- Candidate Legal Practitioners: R 550.00 (including VAT) per participant
- Others | Non-legal Practitioners: R 1 800 (including VAT) per participant
|How to register|
Kindly note that you can only register online and that there are limited places available. Participants should be registered individually to enable the system to generate a unique username and password for each person.
Payment should be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) only. Remember to upload the proof of payment (PDF) in step 2 (Online registration form)LSSA banking details: Account name: Law Society of South Africa | Bank: FNB Pretoria | Branch code: 251445 | Account no: 6200 9641 079 | Reference: Initials and Surname and Cell number
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Once you have successfully registered to participate, you will receive confirmation that LEAD has received your registration documentation. You will receive a system-generated e-mail with a Microsoft Teams link to the webinar at least24 hours before the webinar starts. Read the instructions in the e-mail carefully and test your Microsoft Teams link to the webinar page at least 20 minutes before it starts.
|For more information about this webinar contact Seminars Department:|
Email: Seminars@LSSALEAD.org.za | Please note we only communicate via e-mail should you need more information.
|Please take note|
- The LSSA will not accept liability if the fees are not paid into the designated LSSA bank account.
- The webinar is conducted in English only.
- Should you need to cancel your registration, you need to do so in writing before the webinar link and material are shared. No cancelation will be accepted after it has been made available and failure to comply with this will result in the full fee being charged.
- LSSA/LEAD shall have the right in its sole discretion to postpone or cancel tuition in any programme initially advertised and offered based on insufficient demand. Should LSSA/LEAD cancel the proposed training, registered delegates will be given reasonable notice of the cancellation and all fees paid by the delegate will be refunded.
- LEAD might record the webinar for QA purposes. According to Company policy and copyright protection, recordings or the PowerPoint presentation will not be made available after the webinar.
|LEAD’s training offers|
LEAD is one of the largest providers of legal professional education in South Africa and has been accredited as a legal education provider by the Legal Practice Council for 2023. LEAD provides access to quality learning that is relevant, accessible and affordable. LEAD offers an extensive range of learning activities and training options.