|Draft Labour Migration Policy & Employment|
Services Amendment Bill, 2021 (Webinar)
28 September 2023 | 10:00 – 13:00
|About this webinar|
This presentation aims to provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the National Labour Migration Policy and Employment Services Amendment Bill. The National Labour Migration Policy is inextricably linked to the Employment Services Amendment Bill, and it provides the policy framework and the legal basis which regulates the extent to which employers can employ foreign nationals in their establishments, while protecting the rights of foreigners.
The draft Bill includes proposals affecting the regulation of employment of foreign nationals in South Africa and will introduce a number of new regulations including quotas on the total number of documented foreign nationals with work visas that can be employed in major economic sectors; the efforts require to first seek out a South African Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Refugee to take up a role before recruiting a Foreign National; the requirement for skills transfer where a Foreign National is employed; and the enforcement of the Bill. This webinar will give delegates insight on the proposals and potential impacts on employers.
Topics to be covered will include
- • An overview of the South African legislative provisions regulating the issue of the employment of foreigners
• The aims of the proposed Bill
• The impact of the Bill
• The current legislative requirements applicable to recruitment and termination/dismissal of foreign nationals
• The impact of the Bill on labour migration into South Africa
• The impact of the Bill on labour migration out of South Africa
- Benefits of attending
To gain comprehensive insight into the proposed legislative developments relating to the employment of foreign nationals and the impacts on employers in South Africa.
- Background to this presentation
The employment of foreign nationals is a topical within the employment and labour arena. The Bill seeks to regulate and impose obligations on prospective employers in relation to the employment of foreign nationals.
This Webinar will be presented by Ms Michelle Naidoo who has 20 years’ experience as a legal practitioner in the specialist field of employment and labour law. The foundation of her labour and employment law career was established in November 1996 when she was appointed as an Associate to Judges of the Labour Court. Ms Naidoo served at the Labour Court for four years.
After her court experience, Ms Naidoo was admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2002. In 2005, she was appointed as a Director at Deneys Reitz Inc (now known as Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc).
Ms Naidoo is currently a Partner at Mooney Ford Attorneys, a panelist of Aequitate Dispute Resolution Services, and a member of the South African Society for Labour Law
28 September 2023 : 10:00 – 13:00Closing date for registrations: 27 September 2022
Note: Kindly note that this webinar might run over the scheduled time. Please do not arrange any other appointments for at least 30 minutes after the scheduled closing time.
All sessions are mandatory to qualify for a certificate.
|Who should register?|
Legal practitioners; Candidate legal practitioners; Business owners; Recruiters/Recruitment Agencies; Human Resource personnel; Legal compliance officers; In-house legal counsel.
Registration fee categories (including VAT):
- Practising Legal Practitioners: R 1 120.00 (including VAT) per participant
- Candidate Legal Practitioners: R 550.00 (including VAT) per participant
- Others | Non-legal Practitioners: R 1 800 (including VAT) per participant
|How to register|
Kindly note that you can only register online and that there are limited places available. Participants should be registered individually to enable the system to generate a unique username and password for each person.
Payment should be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) only. Remember to upload the proof of payment (PDF) in step 2 (Online registration form)LSSA banking details: Account name: Law Society of South Africa | Bank: FNB Pretoria | Branch code: 251445 | Account no: 6200 9641 079 | Reference: Initials and Surname and Cell number
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Once you have successfully registered to participate, you will receive confirmation that LEAD has received your registration documentation. You will receive a system-generated e-mail with a Microsoft Teams link to the webinar at least24 hours before the webinar starts. Read the instructions in the e-mail carefully and test your Microsoft Teams link to the webinar page at least 20 minutes before it starts.
|For more information about this webinar contact Seminars Department:|
Email: Seminars@LSSALEAD.org.za | Please note we only communicate via e-mail should you need more information.
|Please take note|
- The LSSA will not accept liability if the fees are not paid into the designated LSSA bank account.
- The webinar is conducted in English only.
- Should you need to cancel your registration, you need to do so in writing before the webinar link and material are shared. No cancelation will be accepted after it has been made available and failure to comply with this will result in the full fee being charged.
- LSSA/LEAD shall have the right in its sole discretion to postpone or cancel tuition in any programme initially advertised and offered based on insufficient demand. Should LSSA/LEAD cancel the proposed training, registered delegates will be given reasonable notice of the cancellation and all fees paid by the delegate will be refunded.
- LEAD might record the webinar for QA purposes. According to Company policy and copyright protection, recordings or the PowerPoint presentation will not be made available after the webinar.