CONVEYANCING EXAM PREPARATION ONLINE WORKSHOP | 2024
Assisting candidates to prepare for the Conveyancing Examination
About this online workshop (Microsoft Teams)
The LEAD Conveyancing exam preparation workshop will be presented as an online workshop. The workshop will be presented over four days in two-hour sessions. The workshop does not replace the LEAD Conveyancing course, but is an additional programme that will solely focus on conveyancing admission examination preparation.
Mike Gregory, a well-known conveyancing specialist, will present the workshop. He was admitted as a notary public and conveyancer in 1982 and is a respected and accredited lecturer for the Law Society of South Africa (LSSA). He has lectured on the subject of conveyancing to attorneys wishing to write the conveyancing admission examination for many years.
20 March 2024: 15:00 – 17:00
27 March 2024: 15:00 – 17:00
03 April 2024: 15:00 – 17:00
10 April 2024: 15:00 – 17:00
Closing of registration: 18 March 2023
Who should register?
· Practitioners who attended the 2023 LEAD Conveyancing attendance/distance course or one in previous years and wish to update themselves.
· Candidates who intend registering for the April 2024 Conveyancing exam in terms of the Legal Practice Act, 28 of 2014 – Rule 21.9)
Documents required for this workshop include
· Deeds Registries Act and Regulations (Juta)
· Transfer Duty Act (see Saflii website section on Transfer Duty)
· Sectional Titles Act and Regulations (Juta)
· Alienation of Land Act (Juta)
· Relevant Registrars Conference Resolutions – the last three years
Useful additional documents.
· Chief Registrar’s Circulars and Conference Resolutions (Butterworth’s loose-leaf binder)
· Relevant sections of other Acts as set out in the 2024 Conveyancing exam syllabus.
Registration fees (VAT Inclusive)
Legal practitioners: R 1000.00
How to register
Kindly note that you can only register online and that there are limited places available. Participants should be registered individually to enable the system to generate a unique username and password for each person.
Payment should be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) only. Remember to upload the proof of payment (PDF) in step 2 (Online registration form)
LSSA banking details: Account name: Law Society of South Africa | Bank: FNB Pretoria | Branch code: 251445 | Account no: 6200 9641 079 | Reference: Surname, name, and cell number
Once you have successfully registered to participate in the workshop, you will receive confirmation that we have received your registration documentation. You will receive a system-generated e-mail with a link (Microsoft Teams) to the workshop at least 24 hours before the workshop starts. Read the instructions in the e-mail carefully and test your link (Microsoft Teams) to the workshop page at least 20 minutes before it starts.
For more information about this workshop contact Molalatladi Modiba