Legal Practitioners Accounts Management Course [Online]
(For Legal Practitioners and Support Staff)
About this online course
The main aim of this course is to give you the basic accounting knowledge for application in a legal firm. You will gain an insight and an overall understanding of Legal Practitioners Accounts Management (previously legal bookkeeping) to enable you to work more efficiently.
Who should register?
The course is essential for all legal practitioners who intend to practise for their own account and all legal support staff. It will also benefit practitioners who are currently practising in their own firms. The course will impart a sound understanding of the basic business financial management and accounting principles that will assist a practitioner to conduct a successful and profitable legal practice.
This course is conducted online and all communication is done via eLEADer, LEAD’s online learning portal. The material is presented in an interactive format, supplemented by downloadable written material.
The training is intensive and demanding and requires hard work and dedication. To enhance the learning experience, there is an online discussion platform where you can interact with other participants. In addition, the course facilitator will be available online at given times. This course is presented in English only and all assignments must be submitted in English.
Introduction to Accounts Management (existing Regulation refers to this as bookkeeping)
Basic business control principles and the practical running of a law firm
Trust accounts and business principles unique to a law firm
Accounting records, systems and procedures
Cash books – trust and business and petty cash book
Correspondent transactions and accounts
Month-end procedures and requirements
Conveyancing transactions and the accounting treatment thereof
Cost of the course
R 2 390 per person (VAT inclusive)
How to register
Kindly note that you can only register online and that there are limited spaces available. Participants should register individually to enable the system to generate a unique username and password for each person.
Payment should be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) only. Remember to upload the proof of payment (PDF) in step 2 (Online registration form)
LSSA banking details: Account name: Law Society of South Africa | Bank: FNB Pretoria | Branch code: 251445 |
Account no: 6200 9641 079 |Reference: Surname, name, and cell number
Once you have successfully registered to participate, you will receive confirmation that LEAD has received your registration documentation. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you within five days after the closing date of registrations.
Train in your own time and setting .|. The course material is in electronic format .|. Online courses are more cost-effective than attendance courses .|. Save in transport costs since there are no contact sessions.
· Should you need to cancel your registration, this must be done in writing within 7 business days before the closing date to avoid the full fee being charged.
· Fees must be paid to the designated Law Society of South Africa’s (LSSA) bank account.
· LEAD reserves the right to cancel an e-course should the number of delegates not justify the costs involved. Registered participants will be given reasonable notice of cancellation.
· Ensure that you read and accept the Terms and Conditions (click below) for this course.
· Should you be unable to participate in this course, you may nominate another participant to replace you. This should be done 7 days before the course start.
· Confirmation e-mails will be sent to participants within 7 days after the registration closing date. Please note that it is the participant’s responsibility to follow-up with Grace Mukuru at Grace@LSSALEAD.org.za if no confirmation e-mail has been received on the day the course commence.
· No refund will be made after commence of course.
16 January – 17 March 2023 (closing date 11 January 2023) Registration closed
22 May to 21 July 2023 (closing date 12 May 2023)
11 September to 15 November 2023 (closing date 8 September 2023)