Midrand: 27 & 28 March | 08:30 - 16:00
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Learn to draft on your own without relying on precedents.
- Know how to instruct legal practitioners and evaluate their work.
- Effectively advise your client when engaged in litigation.
- Understand how to draft in accordance with case management procedures as introduced in our courts.
- Acquire techniques in obtaining instructions and analysing fact and law.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Legal advisors in Government
- Corporate and in-house legal advisors
- Practitioners in dispute resolution
- Attorneys in litigation departments
COST OF THE COURSE
- Practising attorneys, candidate attorneys, support staff and advocates: R3 150.00
- Non-practising / Other professions: R4 650.00
OUTLINE OF THE COURSE
- Writing technique, including plain language drafting and what is expected by judges – including practical exercises using case studies
- How to write in a manner that is persuasive
- Technique in taking instructions
- How to conduct fact analysis and legal research
- How to prepare chronology documents
- Reference to High Court practice directives
- Preparing to draft particulars of claim
- How to analyse facts and the law in deciding on a cause of action
- Reference to the Uniform Rules and how to comply
- Instruction on how to draft a cause of action
- Instruction on how to draft particulars of claim, including practical exercises
- How to plead a defence effectively
- How to decide to proceed by way of motion and draft notices of motion with reference to practice directives
- Taking instructions and analysing fact for drafting a founding affidavit, and drafting a persuasive affidavit
- How to draft an answering affidavit
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS SAID
- Brilliant course! Learned a lot … best two days spent.
- I took annual leave and paid for this course myself – it was worth every cent!
- Concepts explained simply, inspirational!
- An inspirational course – motivating all of us to write our own pleadings and affidavits. The presenter’s passion for our profession reignited our own passions and ambitions. I am excited to start drafting my own documents.
- I will definitely draft more of my own documents.
- Invaluable and importantly, practical advice.
- I will now apply myself when taking instructions.
To download click here: WRITING DOCUMENTS FOR LITIGATION (BROCHURE FILLABLE)
The form takes a couple of seconds to download. Email the completed form with proof of payment to Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za
EFT payment to accompany your registration.
LSSA BANKING DETAILS:
Law Society of South Africa
Acc no: 6200 9641 079
Bank: FNB Pretoria
Branch Code: 251445
Ref: WDL, Your name, surname and cell number
CONTACT COURSE ADMINISTRATOR
For more information about this course, contact Bettie Lubbe at Bettie@LSSALEAD.org.za on tel: +27 (0)12 441 4670.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE
- Course registration will be confirmed only if proof of payment is attached to the form.
- Fees must be paid into the designated Law Society of South Africa (LSSA) bank account. The LSSA will not accept liability if any other bank account is used. i.e Law Society of Northern Provinces
- LEAD reserves the right to cancel a learning activity should the number of delegates not justify the costs involved. Registered delegates will be given reasonable notice of cancellation.
- Registrations close 5 working days prior to the course date.